Belgian Week of Gastroenterology 2018
The BGDO will have its Friday morning session during the 30th Belgian Week of Gastroenterology , with as invited guest, Prof Magali Svrcek, an eminent pathologist from Saint-Antoine Hospital in Paris, who will discuss MSI in GI cancers, a very Hot Topic!.
The programme will include oral communications of the best abstracts in the Belgian oncology, a review of the highlights of the year and a remarkable lecture on MSI testing in GI cancer. For more information visit www.bwge.be
BGDO Annual Meeting
Adjuvant therapy: today & tomorrow
The meeting will explore original and interesting topics on ADJUVANT THERAPY: TODAY & TOMORROW.
First, we will start with the General Assembly. A good opportunity to have short glimpse on the new website, the achieved goals, the new collaboration with the FFCD and an update on the ongoing and upcoming trials.
Two highly up-to-date talks will open the Innovation in Oncology session:
- Prof Laurent-Puig addresses the value of Liquid Biopsy in GI cancers, a very hot topic in the near future!
- Another underused practice to improve survival is to follow patient care through Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO). Prof Marc Peeterswill comment the engaging results that can be obtained by interacting with patients more closely.
This year has been marked by several important trials in the adjuvant setting:
- The IDEA consortium looked at the role of the length of adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer. Prof Timothy Iveson led the SCOT trial with very interesting results in this setting and will give us the privilege to listen to his analysis.
- In gastric cancer, the FLOT trial sets a new standard in perioperative care, which will be presented by Prof Alain Hendlisz.
- Prof Chris Verslype will discuss the value of capecitabine in hard-to-treat pancreatic and biliary tract cancers.
Last but not least Prof Marc Buyse, world-renowned statistician in the field of oncology, will propose new ways to address clinical trial design, benefit assessment and futuristic statistical methods.
A huge thank you to all our Sponsors, Majors and Regulars.